The Resource Penn Law School Collection

Penn Law School Collection

Label
Penn Law School Collection, 1873 - 2010
Title
Penn Law School Collection
Inclusive dates
1873 - 2010
Creator
Creator
Subject
Genre
Language
  • eng
  • eng
Summary
  • The University of Pennsylvania Law School was founded in 1850 as the law department of the University of Pennsylvania. In fulfilling its core mission of providing legal education and scholarship, the school has hosted lecture series, symposiums, and other educational programs, and its students, faculty, and alumni have taken part in the activities of various academic legal societies. The school has undergone several renovations and construction projects over the years. In addition, the school has engaged in institutional development activities, including alumni relations and other promotional programs. Members of the school community have also taken part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and law school related social events. The Penn Law School Collection, 1890-2010, includes publications related to the law school's administration, student life, alumni activities, academic programs, departments, and history; promotional materials, invitations, and programs for events related to the law school; correspondence, minutes, and other material pertaining to the Penn Law School chapter of the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal society; and notes, correspondence, building plans, publications, and other material related to law school construction and renovations projects from the 1950s to the 1990s
  • The Penn Law School Collection, 1873-2010, includes publications and other materials related to the law school's administration, student life, alumni activities, academic programs, departments, and history; promotional materials, invitations, and programs for events related to the law school; correspondence, minutes, and other material pertaining to the Penn Law School chapter of the Order of the Coif, an honorary legal society; and notes, correspondence, building plans, publications, and other material related to law school construction and renovations projects from the 1950s to the 1990s
Biographical or historical data
The University of Pennsylvania Law School was founded in 1850 as the law department of the University of Pennsylvania. In fulfilling its core mission of providing legal education and scholarship, the school has, among other activities, hosted lecture series, symposiums, and other educational programs, and its students, faculty, and alumni have taken part in the activities of various academic legal societies. The school has undergone several renovations and construction projects over the years so as to expand the resources available to students and faculty. In addition, the school has engaged in institutional development activities, including alumni relations and other promotional programs. Members of the school community have also taken part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and law school related social events.
Location of other archival material
For the archives' photographic holdings, please consulting the Law School Photographs Collection, BLL.003.
http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/organizationName
University of Pennsylvania
http://library.link/vocab/subjectName
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • Frankfurter, Felix
  • Roberts, Owen J.
  • Spaak, Paul-Henri
  • Wilson, James
  • Law Alumni Society (University of Pennsylvania)
  • Order of the Coif
  • Buildings
  • Educational fund raising
  • Law schools
  • Lectures and lecturing
  • Societies and clubs
  • Law students
Label
Penn Law School Collection
Instantiates
Note
Processing Information: Processed by Jeremiah Eagen, September-November 2010
Extent
3.75 linear feet
Governing access note
The archives reserves the right to restrict access to materials of sensitive nature. Please contact the department for further information
Immediate source of acquisition
Records were transferred and collected by the Library and Archives at various points during the history of the Library.
Ownership
Prior to their transfer to the archives, these records were created by and located in a variety of departments in the Law School, including Development and Alumni Relations, Communications, the Dean's Office, and student groups.
Terms governing use
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Label
Penn Law School Collection
Note
Processing Information: Processed by Jeremiah Eagen, September-November 2010
Extent
3.75 linear feet
Governing access note
The archives reserves the right to restrict access to materials of sensitive nature. Please contact the department for further information
Immediate source of acquisition
Records were transferred and collected by the Library and Archives at various points during the history of the Library.
Ownership
Prior to their transfer to the archives, these records were created by and located in a variety of departments in the Law School, including Development and Alumni Relations, Communications, the Dean's Office, and student groups.
Terms governing use
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.

Library Locations

    • Biddle Law LibraryBorrow it
      3400 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19104, US
      39.954941 -75.193362
Processing Feedback ...